Monday, June 22, 2015

More old photos

Here are some more.

This photo was in an album with various photos of Oscar Stoehr and some of Alice Kelly's family.  Does anybody know anything about any of these folks?  I suppose there's a chance it could include a very young Oscar, a very young Alice, or ??



The photo below is annotated, but I'm not sure who all of the people are or who wrote the notes.  This photo was in an album that included images from both Limp and Stoehr families.  Since Art Limp is referred to as "Art" and Ella and Betty are referred to as Ella and Betty, but there is also a "Mother" and a "Dad", I'm assuming that this was not written by Betty Stoehr.  It's not clear, either, exactly who "Mother" and "Dad" are, or the various uncles, etc.  Any clues?



I don't know who this is.  It looks a bit like the man named "Uncle Val" in the photo above, but the man below does not have a mustache.





The photo below was included in an album that had other photos of Art Limp.  Otherwise, no clues.
Suggestions?


Anybody recognize this man, below?



The photo below, of the man with the child, was loose (i.e. not in an album).  I thought it might be Oscar, but this man appears to have all his fingers.



This photo, below, appears to be very old.  It was a loose photo.  No idea who it is.



3 comments:

  1. George Limp was "tall", Helen tiny. Annotation on pic is Juliana's handwriting. If you age the guys in comparison to Art Limp, some of the facial features definitely fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help much here.









    i believe that the single picture of a relatively tall man wearing a long sleeved cardigan sweater is Carl Keyler, husband of Lillian Limp. Similar likenesses of a man in a similar cardigan also look like Carl.
    that was his favorite uniform. The picture of several business me taken inside a "factory" may be the staff of the company J.D Adams where Art worked most of his life. I am particularly curious about "Uncle Val" If he was an uncle, who were his nieces or nephews. Keep in mind that Art Limp's middle name was Valentine. I'm thinking that Uncle Val might be Art's father.

    Andy, the picture of me with the fat smallmouth was not the same Canada trip as the picture with the eighteen bass being held by Dad and Ralph. I was much older by the time that we caught all those bass. My bass was in fact that rare bass ever caught in Pine lake in the early years before we ever went to Kishkutena. In the bass picture look at the person standing behind me. I think that is Ralph Johnson. He looks to me to be in his early 20's, and given his age difference from mine, I think that is about right. Yes, 134 Woodside Ave. is where Art and Ella moved after DeQuincy. Great little house beautifully maintained by both of them, now mostly a hovel in a slum.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can anybody tell me who these people, in the annotated group photo, are relative to our immediate family (i.e. to Art, Ella and Betty)? In other words, I see the names, but I don't know how they are all related. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete